Wednesday, June 15, 2011

TIP C: Communication Blog

     For this class, having strong communcation between students, parents, and teachers is vital to earning a passing grade. I will be sending emails out to parents after every assignment is graded, so that parents are informed with the most recent grades available for the class. Parents can contact me by email or phone for any questions or concerns regarding their child's grades or behavior. Students can contact me by scheduling an appointment after class or through email. I will be in the classroom an additional 15-30 minutes after class for anyone who has questions about grades, classroom policies, or for those people who would like extra help with classroom activities.

    This course will monitor every students' professional delevlopment information through the online program, Engrade. Engrade allows students and parents to email me with any concerns they have with the grades posted. It also allows me to send information out in emails when important assignments are coming up or changes to the curriculum are made. The grades will be posted on Engrade, directly after the grading is completed, and the grading scale is listed below.

Grading Scale

  • A.......... 100 - 89.45
  • B.......... 89.44 - 79.45
  • C.......... 79.44 - 69.45
  • D.......... 69.44 - 59.45
  • F.......... 59.44 - 0
With this course, we will be using multiple technology items. Some of these technology pieces we will be using are laptops, tablets, desktops, and wireless routers. Below is a picture of a Blackberry Playbook, which is one of the tablets that you will have a quiz on. Know for these items their functions, what makes them different from other products, and what are the pros and cons of going with particular products.


If you have any questions about this posting or would like to contact me, my number is 555-555-5555 and my email is sgreat@techclass.net, or contact me in the available time after class. Students remember to study! Parents, encourage your students to perform to their capabilities. I am privaledged to be your teacher and look forward to teaching you all.

Sincerely,
Your Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment